IMI Executive Director Serves as External Reviewer on Federal Maternal Mortality Report
Washington, DC – Dr. Jennifer Moore, IMI’s founding executive director, served as an external reviewer on a federal report concerning improving maternal health outcomes.
The report, released by the Centers for Disease Control as part of their Enhancing Reviews and Surveillance to Eliminate Maternal Mortality (ERASE MM) campaign, provides maternal mortality review committees (MMRCs) and their partners with a guide to help facilitate implementation of data-informed strategies to prevent pregnancy-related deaths.
Goals of report include:
- Eliminating racial and ethnic disparities in maternal mortality,
- Investing in and partner with communities,
- Ensuring access to care for all pregnant and postpartum persons,
- Ensuring quality care for all pregnant and postpartum persons, and
- Strengthening maternal mortality data.
“State Strategies for Preventing Pregnancy-Related Deaths: A Guide for Moving Maternal Mortality Review Committee Data to Action” is accessible here. Additional IMI resources on maternal health are available here.